Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Day 149

Last night I accidentally left my camera at my grandparents' house, so I today I decided to edit a photo I took a while ago and post it. This is a macro of some ponytail holders I had recently gotten and had not yet taken off the cardboard package. That's what keeping these all lined up and giving them the slightly rounded shape. To edit, I decided I wanted a super modern one point color look. Since my favorite color is blue and the blue one happened to be in an ideal location for a focal point, I opted to paint on the black and white, leaving one elastic in the original color. To add to the dramatic effect, I increased the shadows in the lower portion and increased the highlights at the top. The only thing I don't like is the one elastic that is lighter colored than the rest, as it kind of ruins the whole idea of having just the blue one stick out in the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment