Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Day 305; Madeleine

Last weekend I spent at the Iowa State 4-H Camping Center for the first of two Culturally-based Youth Leadership Accelerator retreats Iowa 4-H is putting on this year. It was an awesome experience. My friend Madeleine and I spent the whole weekend photographing and videotaping the delegates' experiences and then putting together a video which we played at the closing ceremony. I've never really done any video editing before, but it was a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to doing it again next weekend!
This photo of Madeleine was taken while we were waiting to load the buses at the end of camp. I really liked the hipster-esque look she had going on, so as the other counselors and I sat there laughing at the end of a very long weekend, I snapped a couple of candid shots of her. I love how the sun is hitting her shoulder and hair. If I could change anything, I would have moved the backpack which is behind her, but all in all, I'm really pleased with this shot. Editing was minimal, mostly to decrease noise on the side of the cabin and keep the focus on her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment