Pages

Friday, February 5, 2016

Day 297; February Ferns

I wish someone had told me how busy senior year would be. The days are flying by - my future is rapidly approaching. I find myself missing last summer when I was working at summer camp and showing at the fair. This winter has been bleak. We've only gotten one or two goods snows, so I haven't been out photographing much. This photo was taken last June at the Iowa State 4-H Conference. While looking through old Conference photos recently, I found this image and decided to edit it. I liked how the sun highlighted the stems and edges and the many lines present. While the original vibrant green colors were a welcome break from the brown world outside my window, I preferred a black and white filter because it drew attention to the intricate structure of the plants and the contrasting light and shadow.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you've been, Grace!
    Senior year is indeed a busy time, but it's also a wonderful time, so you enjoy every moment.
    This photograph is simply magnificent, and so perfect for black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa! I really appreciate you taking the time to look at my photos and comment on so many of them.

      Delete