Pages

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Day 261; Into the Void

I'm switching back to color today with this shot into a bright pink cup with convex spots on the sides. I loved the color of the cup and the interest the dots provided. I had tried taking pictures of the shadow and of the sides of the cup, but it turned out that I liked this angle directly above the cup the most. I was shining a small light through one side to get a more dramatic lighting pattern than the standard overhead light provided. I used slight vignetting to draw the eye into the center of the cup and away from the edges.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Grace. At first I thought it was a close-up of a stop light. :-)
    You have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I guess it does kind of look like a close up of a stoplight, but there's not a single stoplight in the whole county where I live so that would have been a hard shot to get!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete